PMC X-Tac 5.56×45 NATO, 62gr, LAP, 20rd Box
5.56 45mm nato
MANUFACTURER NUMBER:5.56KCALIBER:5.56x45mmROUNDS:20PRICE-PER-ROUND:$0.50 – $0.74UNIT OF MEASURE:BoxCLASSIFICATION:AmmunitionINTERESTS:Top Sellers, Top Ammo, Trending Now
pmc x tac 5.56
pmc x tac 5.56
Same as M855
Exacting adherence to the precise specifications of military organizations assure that X-Tac ammunition will perform perfectly. PMC ball powder for accuracy and reduced muzzle flash.
When a serious threat arises and your life is on the line, that fraction of a second is the precise moment you can’t think about your ammunition.
It’s that moment we think of every day. Our PMC X-TAC line of ammunition products is tried and tested by military and law enforcement around the world. Manufactured to the exacting specifications required by such organizations and demanded by our customers, X-TAC is the choice for the professional and enthusiast alike. At PMC, we know your job demands that you think of everything.
But we also know that when the chips are down you shouldn’t be thinking about your ammunition.
Whether you are in uniform, on the job, at the range, in the field or in your home, PMC X-TAC gives you the confidence to make the right choice. It’s the way we want it.
pmc x tac 5.56
Category Centerfire Rifle Rounds
Caliber 5.56x45mm NATO
Bullet Weight 62 gr
Rounds Per Box 20
Boxes Per Case 50
Bullet Type Light Armor Piercing (LAP)
Muzzle Energy 1323 ft lbs
Muzzle Velocity 3100 fps
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title “Ships On Or Before:” please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer– depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents – your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.5.56 45mm nato
pmc x tac 5.56
WE WANT YOU TO BE SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE AND OFFER THE FOLLOWING SIMPLE RETURN POLICIES FOR YOUR BENEFIT.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: opticsammunitionshop offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
pmc x tac 5.56
HOW DO I START THE RETURN PROCESS?
- Go to Our opticsammunitionshop contact page and send “Request Return” message.
- An opticsammunitionshop agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
WHEN WILL I GET MY CREDIT OR RETURN?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
WHAT ABOUT DAMAGED/INCORRECT ITEMS (NOT INCLUDING NON-RETURNABLE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
WHAT ABOUT RETURN SHIPPING COSTS?
- If an opticsammunitionshop error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance if included.
pmc x tac 5.56
- Rifle barrel configurations
- When 5.56×45mm NATO was adopted as standard in 1980, NATO chose a 178 mm (1:7) rifling twist rate for the 5.56×45mm NATO chambering to adequately stabilize the relatively long NATO L110/M856 5.56×45mm NATO tracer projectile.525 The US at that time converted all rifles in inventory by replacing the barrels and all new US military rifles since have been manufactured with this ratio.26
- In the US builders of AR type rifles can specify barrels with either .223 Remington, .223 Wylde, 223 Noveske, or 5.56×45mm NATO chambers in lengths from pistol (7.5″) to long rifle (24″). These barrels are also available with rifling ranging from 356 mm (1-in-14″) to 178 mm (1-in-7″). US makers are moving toward 5.56×45mm NATO and 178 mm (1-in-7″), which will ensure the least liability.27 Bolt action rifles have few options in this regard. Those chambered for .223 Remington may not have a fast enough rifling to stabilize the longer 5.56×45mm NATO bullets which range up to 77 gr. Some hunting loads of .223 Remington go to 90 grains.2628
The 5.56×45mm NATO SS109/M855 cartridge (NATO: SS109; U.S.: M855) with standard 62 gr. lead core bullets with steel penetrator will penetrate about 38 to 51 cm (15 to 20 in) into soft tissue in ideal circumstances. As with all spitzer shaped projectiles, it is prone to yaw in soft tissue. However, at impact velocities above roughly 762 m/s (2,500 ft/s), it may yaw and then fragment at the cannelure (the crimping groove around the cylinder of the bullet).29 These fragments can disperse through flesh and bone, inflicting additional internal injuries.
pmc x tac 5.56
- Fragmentation, if and when it occurs, imparts much greater damage to human tissue than bullet dimensions and velocities would suggest. This fragmentation effect is highly dependent on velocity, and therefore barrel length: short-barreled carbines generate less muzzle velocity and therefore lose wounding effectiveness at much shorter ranges than longer-barreled rifles.31
- Proponents of the hydrostatic shock theory contend that the shockwave from a high-velocity bullet results in wounding effects beyond the tissue directly crushed and torn by the bullet and fragments.323334 However, others argue that tissue damage from hydrostatic shock is a myth. Critics argue that sonic pressure waves do not cause tissue disruption and that temporary cavity formation is the actual cause of tissue disruption mistakenly attributed to sonic pressure waves.35
- SS109/M855 NATO ball can penetrate up to 3 mm (0.12 in) of steel at 600 meters.36 According to Nammo, a Finnish-Norwegian ammunition producer, the 5.56×45mm NATO M995 armour piercing cartridge can penetrate up to 12 mm (0.47 in) of RHA steel at 100 meters.37
- The US Army’s Ballistic Research Laboratory measured a ballistic coefficient (G7 BC) of 0.151 and form factor (G7 i) of 1.172 for the SS109/M855 ball projectile.38
Barrel length SS109/M855 V4 bullet velocity V4 velocity loss 210 mm (8.3 in) 723 m/s (2,372 ft/s) 41 m/s (135 ft/s) 240 mm (9.4 in) 764 m/s (2,507 ft/s) 32 m/s (105 ft/s) 270 mm (10.6 in) 796 m/s (2,612 ft/s) 29 m/s (95 ft/s) 300 mm (11.8 in) 825 m/s (2,707 ft/s) 18 m/s (59 ft/s) 330 mm (13.0 in) 843 m/s (2,766 ft/s) 23 m/s (75 ft/s) 360 mm (14.2 in) 866 m/s (2,841 ft/s) 12 m/s (39 ft/s) 390 mm (15.4 in) 878 m/s (2,881 ft/s) 14 m/s (46 ft/s) 420 mm (16.5 in) 892 m/s (2,927 ft/s) 14 m/s (46 ft/s) 450 mm (17.7 in) 906 m/s (2,972 ft/s) 9 m/s (30 ft/s) 480 mm (18.9 in) 915 m/s (3,002 ft/s) 7 m/s (23 ft/s) 508 mm (20.0 in) 922 m/s (3,025 ft/s) –
- “brochure on 5.56mm F1 ball ammunition to NATO STANAG 4172” (PDF). ADI Thales. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 July 2008.
- DIRECT FIRE AMMUNITION Handbook 2019, Project Manager Maneuver Ammunition Systems
29 Aug 2013
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.